How will Pivot Tutors help my child?
- Focus. If your child is struggling in one particular area, our instructors can create a program that is geared for your student’s individual needs in that particular subject.
- Homework support. There are times when a student’s homework becomes too challenging for a parent, they don’t remember the content, or it’s taught differently. Our instructors can provide the answers your child needs, help to get the work done, and offer the tools for your child to work independently.
- Increased confidence. This is an important factor for students in and out of the classroom. Tutoring can help a child feel more confident with their school work, which can boost self-esteem and help motivate them.
- Increased comfort and participation levels. Many students do not speak up in class, and participation counts. Working with supportive teachers –asking and answering questions aloud– will help them gain the comfort and confidence in a group setting.
- Fewer interruptions. A classroom environment can have lots of distractions which can affect a student’s comprehension, performance, and, ultimately, their self-esteem. This also applies to students who struggle with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) and ADD with Hyperactivity (ADHD). With our teachers, students can focus on tasks with minimal distractions and fewer interruptions.
- Get up to speed. If a student missed some school, moved from another state or country and needs a greater understanding of a particular subject, a private tutor can identify key areas for improvement to help the student get caught up.
- Enrichment. If a student is doing well in a subject and wants to get a jump on the year ahead or prepare for a specific standardized test, working with our private tutor will help them achieve more success and offer the advanced guidance they seek.
- Organization and time management. Perhaps your child needs time management skills and a system to assist them with organization. Our private tutors can set up a structured plan, when to study and how to study, to enable them to get their work done in a timely manner.
Why choose Pivot Tutors?
At Pivot Tutors, we provide students with the formula for academic success:
- Experienced and supportive teachers
- Individualized study plan
- Pivot Tutors study materials
- Feedback and rapport with parents and students
Students enrolled in our programs are given the academic support they need to excel. We truly care about our students and want them to do the very best they can. Their scores and grades represent us and the quality of our instruction. We want our students to leave our programs motivated and empowered to aim higher, work harder, and their reach their academic goals.
What schools do your students attend?
We work with students from Torrey Pines High School, Canyon Crest Academy, Santa Fe Christian, The Bishop's School, La Jolla Country Day, Cathedral Catholic High School, Francis Parker, La Costa Canyon High School, Carlsbad High School, San Dieguito Academy, Westview High School, Del Norte High School, High Tech High School, and Cal Coast Academy.
Do you offer Diagnostic ACT or SAT tests?
To determine whether the ACT or SAT is the right match for your child, or if you are starting an ACT or SAT Test Prep program, we provide free diagnostic tests. Diagnostic ACT and SAT tests are 4 hours long and are administered nearly every Saturday mornings at the Pivot Tutors office. Contact us at 858-531-0508 or email@example.com to schedule a date to come in for a free diagnostic practice ACT or SAT test.
How do we get started on choosing an ACT or SAT Prep Program?
To sign up for a Test Prep Program, we first do a phone consultation or in-person meeting and collect the details about your child's past test scores, test prep experience, current classes and grades, availability, and when they would like to take the actual ACT or SAT test. From there, we will schedule a diagnostic test date to evaluate challenge areas, determine the starting score, and to also see which program be the best match to help your child get their highest score.
How do I sign up for Academic Tutoring or Test Prep Tutoring?
Contact us at 858-531-0508 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will call or email you back within 24 hours to answer any questions you may have, and get your child scheduled with an experienced and expert tutor to help them master their course material.
Does Pivot Tutors work with students who have learning challenges or ADHD?
Yes, we work with every kind of student, and have specific programs and lessons for students with learnings challenges. We also administer practice ACT and SAT tests for students with extended time or special testing.
Where is the tutoring conducted?
Tutoring is provided at our office location at 11300 Sorrento Valley Rd., Suite 101
What are private Academic Tutoring and Test Prep Tutoring rates?
- Academic Tutoring is $120 per hour
- We do offer Tutoring Packages of 10 tutoring sessions.
- Tutoring sessions are 1 hour, 1.5 hours, or 2 hours long, depending on subject material and student's need.
- Test prep is $160 per hour
- Sessions are 1 hour or 1.5 hours
- Students purchase workbooks, but we provide all other materials for the lesson
- Students are assigned two hours of HW per session
- Every session includes a 4 Hour timed Practice test scheduled for a later date
- Our tutoring rates are very competitive within San Diego for experienced ACT and SAT instructors who have earned their Bachelors, Masters and PhD degrees and score in the 99th percentile in their field on AP's, SAT, ACT, and SAT 2 Subject Tests.
When days and times do tutors work?
We meet with students 6 days a week (Monday-Saturday) and are available during the hours of 9am to 9pm (9am-6pm on Saturdays). We understand that students have schedules with filled extracurricular activities. As a result, we offer flexible times in order to accommodate each students schedule.
How can I cancel or reschedule a session?
If your child is sick, or you find that there is a time conflict, call us immediately at 858-531-0508, or contact your Pivot Tutors private tutor, and let us know at least 24 hrs prior to the session time. Without 24 hr notice of any schedule changes, the original session will still be billed.
Do you accept credit card payments?
Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express.